Low Capital Cost Blank Fed Process
- The Gralex blank fed thermoforming machine allows customers to utilize existing printing and die-cutting assets
- The Gralex blank fed thermoforming machine is approximately ½ the cost of a roll fed thermoforming machine
- A single existing printer/die-cutter can produce multiple blanks of various sizes at high speeds to feed multiple Gralex blank fed thermoforming machines
- Tooling costs are reduced by eliminating the need to buy a die cutting tool for every forming die in the thermoforming machineThermoforming machine downtime is reduced by eliminating roll changes with blank fed machines
- Blank fed thermoforming machines have higher efficiencies due to separating the blanking and forming processes. The thermoforming machine does not have to stop due to jam ups in a blanking section.
- The modular design of Gralex blank fed thermoforming machines allow for easy customization to suit each individual customer’s requirements at a low cost.
- Due to simplicity of design and outsourcing of modular components to multiple locations, lead times for customized new machines is very quick as compared to typical roll fed machines from other manufacturers.
Advanced Hydraulic System
- The Gralex hydraulic blank fed thermoforming machines have faster production speeds than mechanical systems
- The higher tonnage available in the Gralex blank fed thermoforming machines produce more rigid, higher quality trays
- Programmable PLC controls adjust the forming force, die temperature, and press closed dwell time without stopping the machine thereby increasing the efficiency of the Gralex blank fed thermoforming press.
- Gralex utilizes a proprietary hydraulic system design in their paperboard thermoforming machines resulting in the highest combined speeds and forces for the least energy costs in the industry.
Extreme Product Flexibility
- Blank fed thermoforming machines are capable of producing both thermoformed corrugated and solid board trays.It is not possible to produce double face thermoformed corrugated trays on a roll fed machine.
- The Gralex blank fed thermoforming machine is capable of producing 2 or 3 different sizes of paper plates, paperboard food trays or thermoformed corrugated products in the machine at the same time
- The Gralex blank fed thermoforming machine can produce different paper plates, paperboard food trays or thermoformed corrugated products from different materials in the machine at the same time.
Reduced Tooling Changeover Time
- Gralex blank fed thermoforming machines require 2 people less than 1 hour for complete tooling changeover from run-to-run.
- With blank fed paperboard thermoforming presses, there is less trim between blanks due to offline diecutting
- The Gralex blank fed thermoforming presses utilize more reliable, positive feed systems (does not rely on gravity alone) than most competitors.